March 31st, 2017
So, you want to race a Stage Race?
You’ve already determined a number of things about yourself:
- You love biking
- You don’t mind riding multiple days consecutively
- You enjoy hanging out with cool dudes talking about suspension setup and chainring size
- You love beer
And then you consider:
- You love biking; except your tired legs can barely turn the cranks
- You don’t mind riding multiple days consecutively; expect your feet are blistered and arms are throbbing
- You enjoy hanging out with cool dudes talking about suspension setup and chainring size; except you’re too tired and enjoy sleeping mid-afternoon instead
- You love beer; except.. well
Last year I decided the Pisgah Stage Race would be one of my first races of 2017. With now less than two weeks until the first stage is underway, I’m more than amped about getting started. #ProjectPromaster started in January and was ultimately built to accommodate more comfortable living compared to dwelling in a tent for multiple day trips. I’m glad to be mostly finished with the van and be staying in it for the week. I’m hoping for cool, sunny mornings and a 0% chance of rain for the whole week, but
The weather part can only get better, right?
I hope to be providing updates each day via instagram and be posting write ups on my website. Feel free to leave any comments or messages about anything you’d like to see photos of, etc.